updated as of 2/13. Thanks to Elisabeth K. for these resources!
Homeschool Cooperatives and Classes
- Beacon Self-Directed Learning, New Haven, for teens ages 12 to 16 – a membership-based center for developing and following a self-directed learning plan with support of peers and mentors.
- Common Ground School Homeschool Program, New Haven, ages 4-9 though younger welcome – explore the farm, animals and woodland.
- Connecticut Experiential Learning Center, Branford, classes and experiential learning for grades 5-8.
- Great Ways to Home Educate (GWHE) GWHEinformation@gmail.com. Serving: Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, and New Haven County HomeschoolersOpen to all families, regardless of their faith, curriculum choice, or teaching style. We currently run the following activities: Boys’ football and baseball, Girls’ softball, Used Curriculum Fair, Support Group meetings, New Homeschooler Information Nights, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, NorthWest Connecticut Homeschool Cooperative, Annual Picnic, 4-H, Science Classes, History Club, Teen Group, and many more.
- Green Spring Cooperative, Middletown, ages 13 and under – Parent-run cooperative
- Green Street Cooperative, Middletown, ages 12 and up – Parent-run cooperative
- Homeschool In The Hills Tween/Teen Co-op, Thomaston (next to Waterbury). A tween/teen cooperative learning program for homeschoolers run by parents, includes field trips and a homeschool choir. All are welcome. For more information, email Pam Pinto — email@example.com
- The Nutmeg Cooperative, Greater New Haven area Parent-run cooperative
- Two Coyotes Wilderness School, various CT locations, connecting children with nature – all ages, including teens
Connect with other home schooling parents on the following listservs
Help build this page! email firstname.lastname@example.org