- Childcare Reviews by Area (0-5 years)
- Preschool Reviews by Area (3-5 years)
- schoolHaven’s Parent’s Guide to Preschools in New Haven
- K-12 School Reviews by Area
- Submit a schoolHaven review
- AfterschoolHaven – classes activities and more
- summerHaven – summer camp reviews
- kidHaven and community listservs
- childcare openings/nanny/nanny-shares
Search by other options
- Bilingual Columbus Family Academy (Spanish), John C. Daniels School of In’tl Communication (Spanish) King/Robinson Int’l Baccalaureate Interdistrict Magnet (French)
- Holistic/Alternative/Non-traditional Schools Cold Spring School, St. Thomas School
- MontessoriAlexis Hill Montessori School in New Haven, Gateway Community College Early Learning Center in New Haven, Montessori School on Edgewood in New Haven, New England School of Montessori in Milford, Shoreline School of Montessori in Branford, Montessori School of Madison
- Schools with gardens/farms Common Ground High School and Urban Farm (Charter), John C. Daniels School of In’tl Communication, Ridge Hill School
- Special Education
About us: schoolHaven is a resource created by parents and educators devoted to providing information about New Haven area schools. Our motto is “getting the word out about great schools,” and we ask people to write about schools they are happy to recommend. That doesn’t mean the reviews are uncritical, and if some reviews are negative, we think it’s important that parents get to hear that, too. We screen reviews for appropriate language before posting them on schoolHaven, and ask that our reviewers write balanced and constructive reviews. As a group of parent volunteers, we are in no position to fact-check the reviews, and moreover, we expect that parents’ experiences will differ. If you have a different perspective to a review, please let us know, or write your own review by clicking here.
** disclaimer **
Listings that appear on kidHaven are the opinions of kidHaven readers. They are not and should not be taken as a position of or endorsement by Kimberly Garley-Erb, founder of kidHaven.com or any of the kidHaven site volunteers. Please always use other sources in conjunction with kidHaven before making important decisions about your family, and always check references before hiring someone recommended on kidHaven.
Other helpful websites:
Connecticut School Data http://www.conncan.org/
Ideas to add to schoolHaven? Contact us here.