Playgroups listed here have open membership to families living in and around New Haven. Please contact playgroup to confirm details before attending. Note that a map is linked to each address listed for your convenience.
- Baby & Toddler Groups @ Women & Family Life Center in Guilford The Center offers 3 different groups for babies and toddlers and their caregivers. Follow this link for details or call #203-458-6699.
- Little Explorers Playgroup Want to make friends with other adventurous and fun mommies? Looking to explore the world with your toddler? Yes, I said explore the world (or your backyard)! All kinds of possibilities for fun and happiness exist as long as you have that “We’re game!” attitude! We are a group of young (at heart) moms who want to show our little ones everything this world has to offer, exposing them to many different cultures and experiences. We are looking for more fun, fearless and fabulous mommies to enjoy exploring with us! Enthusiasm and curiosity are a definite must! For more information, follow this link to visit the Little Explorers Playgroup online.
- Mindful Parenting Mindful Parenting is a New Haven County–based group of families sharing ideas and adventures. The group exists to nurture a face-to-face community of families and support them in the amazing—and sometimes challenging—work of raising children in a natural, alternative way. Our hope is to help create strong friendships among both parents and children. The foundation of our group is based on a natural approach to parenting, healthful eating, anti-commercialism, sustainability, simplicity, frugality, and respect for children. Many but not all members are homeschooling or planning to. Join us for meetups, book groups, trips, and more at http://groupspaces.com/MindfulParenting/!
- Mothers & More of Greater New Haven We offer playgroups, monthly discussion meetings, moms’ nights out, children’s activities, a book club, community outreach projects, an online message board and so much more. There is something for everyone! We welcome mothers at all ages and stages; whether they work for pay, stay at home or anything in between. We provide opportunities for women to focus on themselves and make meaningful connections with others, as we make our way through the joys and challenges of motherhood. Mothers & More is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of mothers through support, education and advocacy. We address mothers’ needs as individuals and members of society, and promote the value of all the work mothers do. Together, mothers are powerful! For more information, please visit our website: www.mothersandmorect.com
- Hello from the MOMS Club of West Milford, Devon & Stratford! We have a weekly all ages playgroups. One meets in Milford (our most popular) and one in Stratford. We also do other activities in the area. Please contact us for more information at www.momsclub.org.
- The New Haven Kid-Friendly Meetup Group We plan meetups which are specifically intended for you to bring your kids, nephews, nieces or grand kids. Our goal is to provide a good mix of meetups that are kid-friendly, plus meetups that are specifically kid-oriented. (Yes, there is a difference!) There is so much to do and to see in Connecticut – from free outdoor concerts in the summer, to skiing in the winter and everything in between! We are always open to new ideas and suggestions of activities going on, too. Come, become a member of this active group! For more information, follow this link to visit us online.
Chinese Playgroup in New Haven We are Chinese-speaking moms and dads who want to help foster our children’s Chinese language skills. In our playgroup we speak only Chinese; this gives our children more opportunity to speak Chinese with their peers and community. Please come and join in! 欢迎您和您的小孩子来参加我们的华语组，希望我们大家可以给小朋友们提供一个讲中文的语境。Note, playgrouip now meets on Mondays!For more information about joining, contact Jin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish Playgroup in New Haven We are a group of Spanish-speaking moms and dads whose children’s first language is also Spanish. We are dedicated to helping our children strengthen their Spanish communication skills and we think that our playgroup – in which the only vehicle of communication is Spanish– is a perfect opportunity for them to practice the language outside the family context! Así que, si eres hispano-parlante, papá o mama, y te apetece conocer otros padres con niños que hablen tu idioma, te invitamos a nuestro grupo. For more information about joining, contact Marta at email@example.com.
- Infant/Toddler Playgroup in Hamden. Brand new program (started 5/2011) sponsored by a special grant from the United Way of Greater New Haven. Parents, grandparents, caregivers – ALL are welcome to bring children ages 0-4 to take part in a multicultural play experience. Join us for a morning of play, chit-chat, making new friends, sharing, learning and having fun. Playgroup is every Tuesday from 9:30-11:00am at the Keefe Community Center on 11 Pine Street, Hamden. We welcome families of all cultural and linguistic background to share customs, traditions and wisdom. Free healthy snacks, courtesy of Whitneyville Food Center. For more information contact Joana at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hamden Youth Services at (203) 777-2610 or visit us at www.hamden.com.
- 0-5 Playschool for Hamden Residents, 10:00-11:30 am, Ridge Hill Elementary School, lower library floor. During the play school there is free play, craft time, clean up time, story time, singing circle time and more. A snack is provided for each child. For more information please contact Guadalupe Martinez at Guadalupe.Martinez@hamden.
- Stay and Play The New Haven Public Library on 133 Elm Street offers a toddler program for children ages 0-3. Join this group upstairs in the Chidren’s Room for stories, songs, finger rhymes, games and playtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am. For more information, call #203-946-8129 or visit www.cityofnewhaven.com/library online.
- ‘Round-the-World Women Meeting The Round the World Women group brings together international women from the New Haven community to discuss current events, work on English, make friends and get to know the area. This group meets on Tuesdays at 9:30 am at the First Baptist Church, corner of Edwards and Livingston Streets in New Haven. Child care is available in the nursery downstairs. For more information, visit www.rww-international.com or send an email to email@example.com.
- Toddlers @ Yale Group This group meets weekly at First Baptist Church, 205 Edwards Street each Wednesday afternoon at 4:30pm.Contact Marta at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Toddler Tunes Described as the “Pied Piper of Toddlers”, this musical program for babies and toddlers meets every Wednesday at 11am at the Episcopal Church, corner of Humphrey and Orange Streets in New Haven.
- Nature Pals Playgroup Ranger Harry Coyle hosts this group for children 0-5 and their caregivers every Wednesday. The group meets from 9:30am-11am at the Edgewood Park Ranger Station in Westville, Edgewood Avenue near Ella Grasso Blvd. Meet a different animal each week and create a craft with Ranger Coyle. Requires preregistration, contact Ranger Coyle at #203-946-8028 or Tatiana at #203-389-4119.
- Stay and Play The New Haven Public Library on 133 Elm Street offers a toddler program for children ages 0-3. Join this group upstairs in the Chidren’s Room for stories, songs, finger rhymes, games and playtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am. For more information, call #203-946-8129 or visitwww.cityofnewhaven.com/library online.
- Babies @ Yale This group, for new parents and their babies, meets on Fridays from 10am-12pm at the International Center, 421 Temple Street. Please contact Shae at email@example.com for more information.
- OneWorld Community A playgroup made up of families with young children in the New Haven area. Members come from all over the world as well as from right here in New Haven, and this combination is part of what makes OWC so special.OWC welcomes everyone — SAHMs, SAHDs, and parents who are working full or part time. OWC encourages a sense of connection and support among the members, and you’re welcome to join in! Come play — OWC meets Friday mornings from 9:30 till 11:30 at local playgrounds when the weather is nice, otherwise OWC meets in the basement nursery of the First Baptist Church of New Haven (at the corner of Edwards and Livingston Streets). For updates on location, or to get answers to any other questions, please contact OWC at OWCPlaygroup@gmail.com
Want your playgroup listed here? Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org